Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Review: Lotus

Review: Lotus


Lotus

Posted:

Lotus (Deluxe Version) (Audio CD)
By Christina Aguilera

Lotus Intro - I really like this intro for many reasons. The mellowness of the track is intoxication, and the length is very welcome.

Army of Me - A song about being independent, rising up against the disenfranchisement one tried to push on you. She sings about being a fighter, and no longer taking ones crap anymore.

Red Hot Kinda Love - This song is basically about the freshness and infatuation of love in the moment, even if you at first were not looking for it. About not being able to think about anything else but the person you are in love with, and wanting to spend all your time with them.

Make the World Move ft Ceelo Green - Right out the gates of this song I knew this was going to be a song that I liked. This song is about moving forward in the world with positivity. Ceelo Green brings his funkiness to the track, and the collaboration is very crisp and just works. This could make a definite single, and would make a very interesting music video. Very funky and positive track that is too short.

Your Body - First single off Lotus and at first I didn't care for it, but to be fair I did hear the entire track. This track just pulls you in. After listening in the entirety I grew to love. I will say that I have heard only the censored version of this song, and I think it works very well. I heard rumors of a graphic version but haven't seen that anywhere.

Let There Be Love - Right away this type of beat or production seemed super familiar. It's definitely a Max Martin production, and is something I believe will do well on the dance billboard, clubs and overseas. However, the beat sounds like something I have already heard, but cannot put my finger on. Definite potential to be a single, but I wouldn't release it as single number two.
...


Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
//PART 2