Saturday, August 10, 2013

Review: Fighter

Review: Fighter


Fighter

Posted:

Fighter (MP3 Music)
By Christina Aguilera

Written by Xtina and producer Scott Storch, Fighter is a rock track dedicated to all of the backstabbers and naysayers who ever put the diva down with vicious remarks. Rather than simply lashing out in anger, she thanks them for their failed attempts. "After all that you put me through/You think I'd despise you/But in the end I wanna thank you/Cuz you've made me that much stronger!"

A big "thank you" to the so called friends who "were there by my side/Always down for the ride" until "your joy ride just came down in flames/Cuz your greed sold me out in shame." All of the pain led to her to realize that it "made me learn a little bit faster/Made my skin a little bit thicker/Makes me that much smarter/So thanks for making me a fighter!

The middle of the song allegedly addresses Christina's former manager Steve Kurtz: "How could this man I thought I knew/Turn out to be unjust, so cruel?/Could only see the good in you/Pretended not to know the truth/You tried to hide your lies, disguise yourself/Through living in denial/But in the end you'll see YOU-WONT-STOP-ME!"

The video is gothic and artsy with Aguilera being held down in a glass box until she breaks free and drives the theme of survival home. It also debuted her spicy black hair look. If you ever find yourself in a situation where you threaten to wallow in self-pity, listen to this song and get your armor on. "So thanks for making me a fighter!"


Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
//PART 2